We think you’ll be surprised by the egg substitute in this vegan mousse recipe.
By switching egg whites for chickpea water — yep, literally the water you get from a can of chickpeas — you can still achieve that fluffy, airy mousse consistency without the need for any animal products. Winning.
Of course, the shining star of this recipe has to be the topping, which is slices of our brand new Vegan Double Dough Brownie. A delicious hybrid of a brownie and a cookie, it’s one seriously indulgent-tasting, high-protein snack that you have to get your hands on.
- 130 ml chickpea water
- 80 g 50-70% dark chocolate
- 25 g stevia sugar or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 Vegan Double Dough Brownie (Chocolate Orange)
- First, melt the dark chocolate and set aside.
- In a bowl, whip the chickpea water with an electric whisk — Flo says don’t be worried if you don’t see it going foamy straight away, it will take a few minutes. You’ll know when it’s ready when you can literally turn the bowl upside down and the foam doesn’t fall.
- When you have a stiff foam, add the granulated sweetener and mix to incorporate.
- Slowly add the melted dark chocolate and slowly incorporate into the chickpea foam, using gentle movements from bottom to top of the bowl. Once combined, pour into your favourite jar or glass and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Top with slices of chocolate orange Vegan Double Dough Brownie and orange zest to finish it off.
Amount per serving